Hi everyone! I’m really excited for next year’s Dusty Bookshelf Challenge. I started this challenge to read those books that have been sitting on my shelf for a long time or books that I don’t own, but that I’ve been meaning to read for years. It’s up to you what books qualify for this challenge.
Because of the awesome people in the Dusty Bookshelf Goodreads group, I have even more fun things to add to the challenge this year. There will be a theme for every month to help you pick books from your list. Last year we had themes like Page to Screen, Animals, Young Adult, and Jane Austen. Since these themes were so much fun in the Goodreads group, I’m going to share the theme on my blog monthly as well. The Goodreads group also has a challenge widget to keep track of your progress!
I’m also going to do mini-challenges every month. Here’s the schedule of the mini-challenges next year:
- Jan. – Quote Game
- Feb. – Share your favorite cover
- Mar. – Swag Swap
- April – Pick my Read
- May – Soundtrack your Book
- June – Read your Biggest Book
- July – eBooks
- Aug. – Clear your Shelves
- Sept. – Read your Dustiest Book
- Oct.- Book Buying Ban Moral Support
- Nov. – Share your Fav. Holiday Books
- Dec. – Final Giveaway and Link-up
There will also be a few giveaways throughout the year! The giveaways will be mostly for the review link-ups every three months. The review link-ups are for you to link up the book reviews of books that you’ve read for the challenge. The first review link-up will be in March.
You can participate in as many or as few themes and mini-challenges as you’d like. They aren’t required – they’re just for fun and motivation.
How to Sign-up
1. Sign-up with a blog post, by joining the Goodreads group, or leaving a comment on this post. Be sure to link your blog post in the linky below. Include in your blog post the badge and your list of books you want to read.
2. Pick a level:
~Pixie Dust – Read 0-5 books
~Dust Bunny – Read 5-10 books
~Cobwebs – Read 10-15 books
~Grungy – Read 20+ books
EXTRA CREDIT-Say how long that book has been sitting on your shelf!
Thanks so much for signing up!