Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a different theme every week.
Since I’ve only read 23 books this year, I give you my top
ten six favorite books so far. Otherwise I’d just be listing half of the books I’ve read this year…
1. Pivot Point by Kasie West – Lots of personality in the writing, adorable romance, creative and interesting world, and awesome characters. It was like the TV show Heroes met Sliding Doors. Loved it!!
2. East of Eden by John Steinbeck – Just wow. The characters and writing were stunning. The symbolism and bible references were fascinating
3. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – This is how a series should end. I loved the plot twist in there. I was this close to wacking my sleeping husband at 3 am with my kindle just to tell him. It was that good. There was great romance and a delightfully unexpected ending.
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – I’m so glad I read this before I went and saw the movie. It’s a romantic, tragic, glamorous, but thought-provoking book on the American Dream. The movie was good – the book was so much better.
5. The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen – Even though the world building was pretty traditional, my very favorite thing about this book was the anti-hero Sage. I loved his wit and sarcasm. He was one of the most well-written characters I’ve read in a long time.
6. Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne – What can I say? I ate up this intense end-of-the-world book in one sitting.
What books were on your top ten list this week? Leave a link and I’ll come look!