Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a different theme every week.
I love apps on my phone and I’ve found a ton that have made my life easier. If you have apps that you love and use all the time – tell me what they are! I love finding new apps. So here are my top ten favorite apps. (I’m noticing a pattern of me just loving data gathering apps:)
Awesome Note ($3.99) – I have tried a ton of organizer apps, to do apps, and calendar apps. This is the best one so far. It combines my to do list with my calendar. It sorts tasks any way I want. It’s easy to add new ones. It has journaling and note taking features. I use it for everything and I love it. I would be much more disorganized than I already am without it.
- Yahoo! News Digest (Free) – Every morning and evening this app sends me about 8-10 of the major headlines for the day. They are easy to browse so I can keep up to date on the current news. My favorite thing about it is that it uses several sources for each article so I’m not getting really biased, long-winded news stories.
- MusicJournal ($6.99) – I wish that I had this app when I was studying piano in college! It keeps track of how much I practice each song and saves the speed I was working on last time. I can take notes and set a speed goal for myself. I love it. If you play any instrument at all get this app!
- Nike+ Running (Free) – I’ve gotten into the habit of exercising now and this app keeps track of how much I exercise, my pace, and the total distance I’ve gone. I just stick my iPhone in my pocket while I’m
runningwalking and it keeps track of everything for me. I thought you would need special shoes or an extra gadget but you don’t.
Overdrive (Free) – This is what keeps me exercising – I can listen to audiobooks I’ve borrowed from the library. I can borrow from my phone ebooks to read on my kindle as well. I wrote a tutorial on how to set up Overdrive if you’re interested.
- Audible (Free) – Another audiobook app that I love. My favorite thing about this one is that I can also sync between my ebook on my kindle and my audiobook. I want to see if this helps me get through those 1000 page books I love to read a little faster.
- WordPress (Free) – I’m going to write a more detailed review of this app on Wednesday, but I love being able to quickly upload photos from my phone straight to a blog post and quickly write down post ideas right in a post draft.
- Sleep Cycle ($0.99) – I actually haven’t been using this app lately since I’ve been pregnant and sleeping in whenever possible. But as far as alarm clocks go this one is awesome. It keeps track of your sleeping patterns and will wake you up gently when you are in your lightest sleep. You can even just tap the phone to make it snooze. It keeps track of cool data like when you fell asleep and how long you sleep every night.
Food on the Table (Free) – This is a brand new app I got yesterday. It helps me plan meals by making a shopping list (categorized by department even!) from recipes in the app or from recipes I add myself. My favorite thing about this app is that it integrates your local grocery store’s sales into your shopping list so I don’t have to look through those stupid circulars in the mail. It even has an option to find recipes based on what’s on sale to save you money. It’s not the most user friendly app I’ve ever seen, but I like that it has a website as well so my recipes don’t just disappear if my app accidentally gets deleted.
- Gmail (Free) – I really hate the mail app that comes on my iPhone. Gmail filters my emails for me so I’m only getting 10 emails a day in my inbox instead of the 50 I used to. I really like how easy it is to switch between two different email accounts as well.
So what about you? What are you favorite apps? Does anyone have any baby app references that keep track of nursing, bathing etc? I’m thinking about Total Baby but I’m wondering if there are other good ones out there as well.