It’s the starting line for the read-a-thon and I’m awake this time! : )
I’m going to update this post throughout the day with my reading stats and maybe talk about the food I eat if I can find any in my house. It’s been far too long since I went to the grocery store.
Here’s my books that I want to finish today:
Those are the last of my review pile. I want to get through them because it’s time for me to read a very long 700 page classic. I haven’t read one in a while and I love long books.
6 am Update–
I woke up. Yay me!
And here’s a little about me
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? – Utah!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? – Budgie Smugglers. I have loved that series so far.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? – I really hope there is food in my house. At this point I will say anything I don’t have to go to the store and buy. :)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! – I just woke up and all my wit has left me. Maybe a better answer will come to me later…
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? – I’m going to try and read more today. I love the challenges, but I’m not going to try and do them ALL this time :)
9:30 am Update –
Pages read: 42
Hours read: 1
Food eaten: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Double Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. The title makes them sound gross, but they are SO good. My husband loves them. I made the dough yesterday with my kids. They love measuring out the ingredients.
Blogs visited: 0
Books finished: 0
1:30 pm Update-
Stats since my last update
Pages Read: 24
Hours read: 1
Food Eaten: Leftover herb roasted potatoes and baked chicken. I was too lazy to bake more cookies so I ate some cookie dough as well :)
Blogs Visited: 0
Books Finished: 1. I finished The Gleaning by Heidi R. Kling. I really liked it!
10 pm Update –
Pages Read: 87
Hours read: 2
Food Eaten: More leftover herb roasted potatoes and baked chicken. I was too lazy to bake more cookies so I ate some cookie dough as well :) <- this is an exact copy of my lunch food status and I find it funny and slightly disturbing that I have no variety in my diet. Also I’m sad that all the cookie dough is gone now.
Blogs Visited: 1. I hope to visit some more later in the day when I’m feeling burned out from reading.
Books Finished: 1. I finished Budgie Smugglers by Gary Taaffe. I’m starting the Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse now. I was so jazzed to find out that it is a debut novel!
11:40 pm Update-
Pages Read: 36
Hours read: .5
Books Finished: none. I started The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse.
Pages Read: 189
Hours read: 4.5
Blogs Visited: 1.Wow I really dropped the ball on that one. I want to be a cheerleader for the April read-a-thon so I can meet more bloggers!
Books Finished: 2 and then I started on one more.
End of Event Meme
- Which hour was most daunting for you? – 19. It was so hard to stay awake!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Gleaning was very entertaining. If I had been reading that last I probably would have stayed awake.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I was curious at how you guys pick people for door prizes. It’s not a big deal, I was just wondering.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I liked that all the posts went up on time and that all the inks were working.
- How many books did you read? 2 and I’m so proud of myself!
- What were the names of the books you read? The Gleaning by Heidi R. Kling, Budgie Smugglers by Gary Taaffe, and The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse.
- Which book did you enjoy most? If I can only pick one it’ll be Budgie Smugglers because it was so funny! The Gleaning was action-packed and romantic and I loved it, too.
- Which did you enjoy least? The Forsaken was kind of slow at the beginning.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Yes I will join again! I love being a reader but I might take up being a cheerleader in the spring read-a-thon.